Hey y’all! This is Sil from The Book Voyagers and I’m hacking Alexis’ blog, Lacy Literacy, today. No, I’m joking. We actually worked on a post together and are doing a collab which is amazing and I have wanted to do this for a while now. I think Alexis does the greatest posts in the world, so I highly recommend her blog.
Our post is so special and I absolutely adore it. Alexis came up with the idea of doing this sort of “What do you need to make a perfect wedding?” so we gathered all of these elements and made them tropes. We added the books we thought fit the tropes and ta da! This is the final product and we hope you all enjoy it.
It’s Alexis. I’m back
& I’m currently holding off Sil for two seconds to do some quick housekeeping. As per usual Lacy Literacy philosophy we have books marked as M/F, M/M, or F/F to help you find what you’re looking for. Also, we have a symbol system chosen by Sil to denote books by Women of Color:
✲ = Books Written by Women Of Color
We have broken this post up into sections to denote the general formula of any Wedding: Gather Your Party, Make the Mood, Going to the Chapel, Unexpected Complications, and Time to Celebrate. Under each section are subsections getting into tropes.
Now that that’s done, huge thanks to Sil for reaching out to me to do a Collab post. And now back to what you’re all actually here for:
The Best Man
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory ✲ // Best man at his ex-girlfriend’s wedding is without a date. He gets stuck in an elevator with Berkley’s mayor’s chief of staff. She becomes his date. M/F.
- It Happened One Wedding by Julie James //Investment banker is done with commitment-phobic men. When she is face-to-face with the Best man at her sister’s wedding, she will try to not fall for his charms. M/F.
- A Thin Line by DL White ✲ // Best man and Maid of Honor hate each other’s guts after an emotional breakup between them. But their best friends are getting married and they want them to plan their destination wedding. M/F.
- Save the Date by Annabeth Albert, Wendy Qualls // Best man didn’t expect to find anything interesting at his best friend’s wedding. Or anyone. Soon he realizes he might want this to be more than a wedding hookup. M/M.
- One Night with a CEO by Mia Sosa ✲ // Med student runs into Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome while celebrating graduation. He’s the best man at her sister’s wedding in Puerto Rico. M/F.
- Yours Forever by Sherelle Green ✲ // At her best friend’s wedding, she happens to make a pact of marrying in the next year. That doesn’t mean she can’t have some fun with the Best man. M/F.
Bridesmaid/Maid of honor
- A Wedding Story by Dee Tenorio ✲ // Her sister is marrying her nemesis’s brother. M/F.
- Someone like You by Lauren Layne // He can’t stop looking at one of the bridesmaids at his best friend’s wedding. But he knows she is off-limits. After an ugly divorce, this Bridesmaid is told to avoid him. M/F.
- May the Best Man Win by Mira Lyn Kelly // They can’t stand each other, but have to play nice because many of their mutual friends are marrying each other. M/F.
- A Vow of Seduction by Nana Malone, Jamie Pope ✲ // Two destination weddings in one book. A fling between the best man and the maid of honor is forbidden between them. He’s the new client at her image consulting firm. M/F.
Never Forget the Flowers
- Scot Appeal by Melissa Blue ✲ // Handyman has been told he has a heart of stone. New, florist neighbor wants to lose her virginity. M/F.
- Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts // Wedding florist loves her job. Yet her love life is lacking. Close friend and architect starts to realize his love for her. M/F.
- Friends to Lovers by Christi Barth // Wedding florist has been in love with her best friend but done nothing. One New Year’s Eve night, the lights go out, one kiss in the dark is all that is left. M/F.
- A Mistletoe Affair by Farrah Rochon ✲ // For floral designer, falling for her best friend’s divorced brother is not something expected of her. But the political strategist and his young son make her heart stop. M/F.
- Taken by Storm by Rochelle Alers ✲ // Because of a high-profile case, floral designer is assigned a bodyguard! Opposites attract. M/F.
- Made to Love You by Sheryl Lister ✲ // Floral shop co-owner never expected when she arrived to Jamaica for a wedding that she would see the man she loved and left. M/F.
Design the Dress
- Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop: Sequins and Snowflakes by Jane Linfoot // Wedding dress designer takes the task of designing her sister’s wedding dress ever if she hasn’t asked. Add that she has to keep two best men under control. M/F.
- Falling into Forever by Phyllis Bourne ✲ // After a broken heart, formal-wear designer knows she can never show weakness. Second chance romance. M/F.
- Marry Me At Christmas by Susan Mallery // Bridal boutique owner is organizing a Christmas wedding. She’ll have to work closely with the gorgeous brother of the bride. He’s also a movie star. M/F.
- The Wedding Hoax by Heather Thurmeier // Wedding dress designer wanted to have the wedding of her dreams. Not a fake wedding. Or that her ex would be involved. M/F.
- The Wedding Dress by Lucy Kevin // Wedding dress designer looked up to her parents marriage. But when she finds out about secrets of the past, she starts to believe that real love doesn’t exist. M/F.
- His Loving Caress by Candace Shaw ✲ // Wedding gown designer gives joy to other people and has little hope of ever getting it herself after the complete heartbreak of her childhood sweetheart choosing music over marriage. M/F.
The Wedding Planner
- Better At Weddings than You by Mina V. Esguerra ✲ // Two wedding planners. One is the best, the other just started it. They both have to work together to plan a wedding where the groom thinks his fiance is falling for one of the wedding planners. M/F.
- Planning Bliss by Michelle Jo Quinn ✲ // Wedding planner has to plan her ex-boyfriend’s wedding. This pretty playboy has always wanted her and now she is closer than ever. M/F.
- To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne // Once a celebrity wedding planner, she moves to New York for a fresh start. Her first client is a hotel heiress, and her brother is paying it all. M/F.
- When I Fell For You by Candace Shaw ✲ // A wedding planner who has a fear of commitment. Will Dr. Sexy change her mind? M/F.
- Marry Me, Charlotte B! By Carla de Guzman ✲ // Written as a reality TV show, this assistant of the greatest wedding planner needs to plan the wedding of the century while cameras are following them around. M/F.
- The Marrying Type by Laura Chapman // Because she is in the brink of bankruptcy, wedding planner agrees to participate in a reality TV show about the people behind the scenes in weddings. M/F.
- Only One for Me by Candace Shaw ✲ // Exes are asked to plan their best friends’ wedding. M/F.
- Planning for Love by Christi Barth // Wedding planner is asked to be in a reality show. Videographer is her latest one-night stand. M/F.
- To Love and to Cherish by Lauren Layne // All this wedding planner wanted is to make it in the business. Now that she has a thriving wedding planning company, she has time to focus on her dating life. But not with her silent partner and closest friend. M/F.
- A Tempting Proposal by Sherelle Green ✲ // Event planner in a bidding war for an estate with Mr. Sexy. They have to plan the gala of the year together as well. M/F.
- Four Weddings and a Fling by Barbara DeLeo // Wedding planner won’t fall for something as simple as a smile. Hero doesn’t believe marriages can be happy, but now he has to help out at his family’s wedding hall. M/F.
- The Wedding Barn by Julie Jarnagin // Wedding Planner left at the altar moves to rural Texas for a party planning gig on a ranch. The rancher isn’t keen on having a city girl help save his family’s business. M/F.
- Long Time Coming by Rochelle Alers ✲ // A city-wide blackout leaves the Brooklyn assistant DA stuck in the house of a wedding planner. He’s not ready for love, and she might not be willing to wait for him to catch up. M/F.
- Liar’s Guide to True Love by Wendy Chen ✲ // Telling little white lies is normal for this wedding planner. Then there is the new guy who hates weddings and her college sweetheart and she will have to choose between the past and the present. M/F.
- Jane and Austen by Stephanie Flowers // Wedding planner is asked to work on the biggest wedding of the year with her rival. Pride and Prejudice retelling. M/F.
- His Love Match by Shirley Hailstock ✲ // Wedding planner believes in happily ever after, but not for herself. A dating site matches her up with her college crush. M/F.
- The Wedding Wager by Barbara DeLeo // He only wants to save his family’s wedding venue. But her family’s biggest rival’s daughter appears to take his client under his nose. M/F.
- Maybe This Time by Nicole McLaughlin // The boss at this wedding venue has always had a thing for her. When he finds out she is struggling, he can’t stay quiet and do nothing. M/F.
- The Vegas Proposal by Julie Jarnagin // To save her family’s Vegas chapel, she agrees to host a celebrity wedding. She hopes she doesn’t fall for the groom. M/F.
- The Beach Wedding by Lucy Kevin // Her dream job, working on the wedding venue Hollywood stars go to when they don’t want papz, is hers. Because she wants success, she agrees to work alongside her ex-fiance… and fake date him too! M/F.
- Summer at the Little Wedding Shop by Jane Linfoot // Wedding stylist gets a job working at her friend’s rival’s wedding venue! M/F.
Married in Vegas
- Between a Honeymoon and a Hot Mess by Phyllis Bourne ✲ // After catching her fiance cheating, she decides to get through her sister’s wedding in Vegas and return home to cancel her own wedding. She wakes up with a ring in her finger, next to a man from her past. M/F.
- A Seductive Arrangement by Dara Girard // Nosy, accidental sister of the bride posts about her sister’s secret Vegas wedding to a playboy business owner online. Her plans to quietly annul the wedding have gone out the window. M/F.
- I Temporarily Do by Ellie Cahill // She just got conned out of all her money before finishing her prestigious graduate program. He just got dumped by his Fiance leaving him ineligible for married student housing. A temporary Vegas wedding might solve their current problems. And more. M/F.
- Any Man Of Mine by Rachel Gibson // Wedding Planner did not have ‘wake up married to a professional hockey planner’ on her Las Vegas “to-do” list. Sometimes the best laid plans don’t lead to success. Six estranged years later, she’s planning the wedding of his hockey team’s owner. M/F.
- Black Tie Optional: A Wild Wedding Novel by Ann Marie Walker // Billionaire needs to marry before 30 to keep his company. An environmental activist heroine needs him to halt construction to save an endangered species. When in Vegas, what are two desperate people to do? M/F.
- The Accidental Honeymoon by Portia MacIntosh // First, she discovers her fiance cheated on her before her cousin’s wedding leaving her dateless. Then, she wakes up in Vegas married to a different man. Wedding date problem solved? M/F.
- The Wedding Party by Tracey Richardson // Brides-to-be bring their party of five together for a week in Vegas. They will all have to gamble in love. F/F.
Celebrities! They’re just like us. They get Married.
- The Betting Vow by K.M. Jackson ✲ // Party girl supermodel wants to trade in her flings for an acting career. A lost bet in Vegas means she’s marrying a TV producer. If she lasts out the marriage past 6 months, she’ll get her pick of roles. If she doesn’t, she gets cast as the hot sidekick he wants her to play. M/F.
Married to a Supernatural Creature
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones ✲ // 19 year old musician’s sister is stolen away by The Goblin King. He’ll let her sister go. For a price. M/F.
- A Witch’s Holiday Wedding by Tena Stetler // Elemental witch and former Navy seal are about to tie the knot. Stresses, a werewolf pack, and snowstorm could cause trouble for their Winter Solstice wedding plans. M/F.
- The Vampire’s Accidental Wife by Kristen Painter // A town where they celebrate Halloween 365 days a year. A wild night between two vampires ends up as a Vegas wedding. M/F.
More the Merrier
- Chasing a Brighter Blue by Gerri Hill // Photojournalist & Heiress heroines at a Christmas wedding in Colorado. They’re about to become in-laws and have to play nice. F/F.
- A Wedding for Christmas by Lori Wilde // Bodyguard tackles his best friend’s sister mistaking her for a celebrity stalker. A one night stand and years later he’s the best man at her brother’s wedding. M/F.
- Mistletoe Wedding by Melissa McClone // Event planner wanting to giver her daughter the best Christmas Wedding. Ranch foreman next door wants to show her what Montana Christmas has to offer. M/F.
- The Wedding Date by Cara Connelly // Real estate agent who loves to give couples the home of their dreams. Her ‘no doctors’ rule will leave her new client in trouble when he wants to be her date for her sister’s Christmas Eve Wedding. M/F.
- Holiday Wedding by Robyn Neeley // He is not happy to be going home for Christmas. Especially because his ex will be there. Things turn for the worst when they have to plan surprise nuptials for his brother. M/F.
- Take a Chance on Me by Jennifer Dawson // Runaway bride ends up at a bar with only her wedding dress on her back. She accepts to stay at the hot bartender’s place until she decides what to do. M/F.
- Right Wrong Guy by Lia Riley // Heiress running away from her fiance ends up on small town with her own bakery and the bad boy’s sight on her. M/F.
- Something Old by Lena Hart ✲// Small town sherriff was jilted by the only woman he’s ever loved. He vows to never love again. She’s coming back to town. M/F.
- The Art of Running in Heels by Rachel Gibson // Coach’s daughter and the hockey team’s biggest star are sharing a plane ride. She is off-limits plus she just ran off from her own wedding on live television. M/F.
- Ready to Run by Lauren Layne // Reality tv producer creates a show about runaway grooms. When this runaway groom refuses to reply, she flies to his hometown to meet him face-to-face. M/F.
- Runaway Groom by Lauren Layne // A bet is what got this runaway groom to participate in the reality tv show. Hate to love trope. M/F.
- Suddenly One Summer by Julie James // Divorce lawyer doesn’t believe in happy endings, but she does believe in flings. Just not with her new, off-limits neighbor. M/F.
- Down With Love by Kate Meader // Being a divorce lawyer, he follows some pretty impressive rules. His brother doesn’t. So this is why he ends up being the best man at his wedding. And one wedding planner is destroying all his rules. M/F.
- Crashing the Congressman’s Wedding by Elley Arden ✲ // Living with everyone’s pity for her family’s transgressions isn’t easy. This heroine needs the support of her local congressman to get a federal grant to open up a theatre in her town. She stands up in church and stops his wedding. M/F.
- Rules of the Game by Lori Wilde // A year and two days after being left at the altar, this heroine decided to crash a swanky wedding. She caught the eye of a professional baseball player there who she gave a fake name. Now, he’s the best man at her sister’s wedding. M/F.
- Two Wedding Crashers by Meghan Quinn // Urging from friends and a dating slump causes one hero to crash a wedding in the Key West. On the flight there, he sits next to a woman who gets covered in baby vomit en route. M/F.
Capture the Moment
- Maybe I Do by Nicole McLaughlin // Wedding-hating wedding photographer is happy to have a good career after being left at the altar by her high school sweetheart. Her connection to the jaded owner of Kansas City’s hottest wedding venue starts to grow as they work on his sister’s wedding. M/F.
- The Truth of Things by Tasha L. Harrison ✲ // Hopeless romantic wedding photographer who has been burned by love has a run-in with the neighborhood policeman. M/F.
- From This Day Forward by Lauren Layne // Rising Wedding photographer star is asked to fill in at the former First Daughter’s wedding. Then she finds out she’ll be working with her ex who stomped all over her heart. M/F.
- Save the Cake by Stella Torres ✲ // Cake artist working at her family’s bakery yearns for independence. When she is hired to make a delectable masterpiece for a society wedding, she meets a handsome videographer. M/F.
- Vision in White by Nora Roberts // Bride magazine cover photographer runs into the bride-to-be’s brother before an important wedding planning meeting. He’s stable, an english teacher, and completely safe aka not her type. M/F.
- Man of Fantasy by Rochelle Alers ✲ // Psychotherapist doesn’t do commitment. He meets a stylish photographer who doesn’t want marriage. They agree on a no-strings-attached fling, but soon enough he wants more and more. M/F.
- The Doctor’s Private Visit by AlTonya Washington ✲ // Reserved photographer wants to resist to the sexy new neighbor next door. But it’s getting harder every day. M/F.
- Barefoot in Lace by Roxanne St. Claire // Wedding planner needs a wedding photographer. The surprise comes when fashion photographer agrees to do the photos for her in exchange of helping him with his 12-year-old niece. M/F.
- Burning Desire by Kayla Perrin ✲ // Hard-to-get wedding photographer can’t seem to ignore the hunky firefighter. M/F.
- A Pinch of Salt by Bethany Lopez // Committed to take her catering business off the ground, she didn’t realize love was missing from her life. Single dad commissions her to do his daughter’s birthday party. M/F.
- Icing on the Cake by Ann Marie Walker // Helping her brother by catering his wedding, she doesn’t expect Prince Charming to come through the doors. And that’s exactly what happens. M/F.
- A Touch of Cinnamon by Bethany Lopez //Owner of Prime Beef has been stolen glances at one of the sisters working at Three Sisters Catering. No one knows they once share something in college and he wants to know why she broke his heart. M/F.
- Kiss the Cowboy by Julie Jarnagin //To get the position she wants at a high-end restaurant, she has to do a magnificent job catering at this fancy wedding. She didn’t expect she has to share duties with her rival. M/F.
- A Chance with You by Yahrah St. John ✲ // Caterer finds herself being in charge and the sole guardian of her niece. She decides to find her niece’s father. M/F.
- To Me I Wed by KM Jackson ✲ // Heroine fed up with always being a bridesmaid and failing in love decides to marry herself at a celebrated chefs restaurant. She doesn’t care what he, or anyone else, thinks. M/F.
- The Wedding Gift by Lucy Kevin // Chef takes a temporary catering position at a wedding venue. When the brother of the bride arrives for the first food tasting, he is none other than a celebrity host and chef. M/F.
- Promises to Keep by Linda Hudson-Smith ✲ // Owner of a catering business is used to fancy, demanding people. Movie producer is not used to the ice princess. M/F.
The Cake (or perhaps cupcake)
- Wrapped by Rebekah Weatherspoon ✲ // Pastry chef matches in a dating app with someone from her past. Christmas novella. M/F.
- The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea by Jane Linfoot // Owner of a cute little wedding shop and cake baker helps her best friend on her wedding. One grumpy farmer might be a big problem. M/F.
- The Sweetest Temptation by Rochelle Alers ✲ // Pastry chef doesn’t have time to search for more princes when they all end up being frogs. She meets former air force pilot and he might be the one in danger of falling for her. M/F.
- Delectable Desire by Farrah Rochon ✲ // Artisan baker knows a pretty face when he sees them. Heiress to a jewelry dynasty has trouble with love when men fall for her bank account instead of her heart. M/F.
- Once Upon a Pastry by Ashley Uzzell // To become the best baker and pastry chef in town, this heroine will have to make a deal with a witch. The witch keeps checking up on her after the fact, and might be the key to saving her family. F/F.
- The Confection Connection by Monica Tillery //Accepting the job of doing the wedding cake for this celebrity wedding might help this baker save her business. If only she didn’t have to partner up with her rival. M/F.
- Definitely, Maybe, Yours by Lissa Reed // Baker leads a routinary life. Playboy has taken a liking to him. M/M.
- The Summer Wedding by Lucy Kevin // Wedding cake baker knows two things: 1) She wants her cakes to be legendary. 2) She doesn’t want love. Photojournalist-turned-wedding photographer falls fast for the wedding cake baker. M/F.
- A Ballad of Confetti, Cake and Catastrophes by Helen Juliet // Brother of the bride stresses over booking the musical act for his sister’s big day. Low on options, he hires a guitarist who he can’t help but get closer to. M/M.
- Sweet to the Taste by Alyssa Cole ✲ // Heroine unlucky in love might have another chance with the handsome singer at her best friend’s traditional Indian wedding. M/F.
- The Wedding Band by Cara Connelly // Journalist looking to keep her job after a story mishap has to infiltrate a celebrity wedding. The media-hating brother of the groom becomes enchanted with the singer in the wedding band. M/F.
- A Wedding Tail by Casey Griffin // Wedding planner, who actually doesn’t like weddings, might have a change of heart when she meets the lead singer of the local band performing at one of her weddings. M/F.
- The Honeymoon Prize by Melissa McClone // Hero needs a wife or he loses his job. Heroine needs a place to stay. Childhood friends turned marriage of convenience? Then they win a dream honeymoon and find out a reality TV crew is waiting for them. M/F.
- Island Fantasy by Kayla Perrin ✲ // After catching her fiancé cheating, she decides to take a trip to Jamaica. Hero is there for a wedding. M/F.
- The Unexpected Honeymoon by Barbara Wallace // Manager of the most romantic resorts in Mexico takes notice of the guest on the honeymoon suit. And that’s she is there alone! M/F.
- Body Heat by Adrianne Byrd ✲ // When he arrives at his vacation villa, people start congratulating him for his recent marriage. As far he knows, he isn’t married. Playwright’s little white lies didn’t expect the owner to appear. M/F.