2018 is a year of great releases. I know preemptively it’s going to be hard to keep up with all the amazing content coming out each month. Also, we have already been blessed with several to die for books like The Cruel Prince. But there are still many more to come that we cannot help but dream about. And contemplate doing unspeakable things for…
- Starry Eyes // YA ⋆ Contemporary Rom. Heroine who likes astronomy + enemies to lovers + California setting = Alexis’s next favorite thing
- Love & Other Carnivorous Plants // YA⋆ Contemporary. While it’s more NA to me, I’m excited to see more college set books being published by big names. The heroine has an eating disorder and is flunking pre-med. Plus, she likes girls. I know I’m gonna cry.
- Blanca & Roja // YA ⋆ Magical Realism. Anna-Marie is one of my favorite authors so naturally I’m excited to read her take on a Snow-White & Rose-Red meets Swan Lake story with two sisters at the center.
- The Kissing Quotient // Adult⋆ Contemporary Rom. Autistic heroine who is a mathematician? I’m ready to love it. And It’s Own Voices!!!
- Ayesha At Last // Adult⋆ Retelling. Austen Retellings always hook me in. This one is pitched as a contemporary Muslim Elizabeth & Darcy.
- Too Wilde to Wed // Adult⋆ Historical Rom. I haven’t been too keen on Eloisa James’ books in the past, but Wilde in Love, the previous book in the series, ended up being amazing. I’m ready for this ex-finance romance.
My Lady’s Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel // Misc ⋆ Choose Your Adventure. CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE ROMANCE NOVEL!!!!!! And there’s an F/F storyline. The cover is cute too.
- Seven Deadly Shadows // YA⋆ Paranormal/Supernatural. Shinigami (Japanese death gods) + Kyoto setting + dreamy author team up = Eri is going to cry when she gets this book.
- Pitch Dark // YA⋆ Sci-fi. “Marauding space scavengers and deadly aliens who kill with sound.” This author does creepy so well and I cannot wait to delve into this world.
- Umbertouched (Rosemarked #2) // YA⋆ Fantasy. The climax of Rosemarked stressed me out and I just want my children to be okay.
- Not If I Save You First // YA⋆ Suspense. Ally Carter is my fave and auto buy + it’s a secret service agent’s daughter paired with president’s son.
- Trouble Never Sleeps (Trouble #3) // YA⋆ Contemporary. Snarky duo solves mystery while also sharing banter and kisses, what more could you want.
- Royals // YA⋆ Contemporary. Rachel’s books are always such fun to read and reluctant royalty shenanigans is clearly going to be a blast to read about.
- A Thousand Beginnings and Endings // YA⋆ Mythology. The cover is stunning but also mythological inspired stories are my weakness and the authors featured are just…wow.
- Shadow of the Fox // YA⋆ Fantasy. Fingers crossed this will be Julie Kagawa’s comeback because I was disappointed by her Talon series and it’s also a Japanese mythology inspired fantasy so bless her.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for: the books both Eri and I (Alexis) are willing to break into publishing houses for…..
(I mean we both have great taste so being excited for the same books was inevitable)
Books on Both Lists:
- The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke #2) // Adult ⋆ Historical Rom. “I passed out in the last book when Alexandra was reading the Messier Catalogue because Tessa Dare obviously stole my self insert. Plus, the description sounded kinky so it’ll be a good one.” – Alexis
- Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards #1) // Adult⋆ Historical Rom. “Sarah MacLean is one of my all-time romance faves and I would read anything she writes but also London Underworld hero trying to destroy his enemy meets heroine who believes passion and love are important in marriage…he is going to fall so hard it’ll be delicious.” – Eri
- Untitled Singh Family Trilogy #1 // Adult ⋆ Romance. “While we don’t know much about this book and only have the description from the deal to go off of, we know this will be a winner. We’re both really excited for Nisha Sharma’s work this year (She has a YA coming out too). And who doesn’t love a good family based series. Also, if Avon doesn’t give it the cover it deserves Eri and I will riot.” – Alexis
- Heroine’s Journey (Heroine Complex #3) // Adult⋆ Sci-fi. “This series is super meaningful to us both since for me it was one of the first fun Japanese heroine stories I’ve read and well, Alexis read the first book when Sarah Kuhn was sitting across from her at the Ripped Bodice so iconic memories. Oh and not to mention that as a Ripped Bodice author, we champion her all the way.” – Eri
- Undead Girl Gang // YA⋆ Paranormal. “First off, the cover. I’m obsessed with enamels pins so I’m already in love. The MC is a teen Latina witch who brings her best friend and several others back to life while trying to discover their murderer.” – Alexis
And what would an anticipated reads post be without a giveaway. Below are some of the books both Eri and I are excited for a long with two from each of our own lists. Head over to Twitter to enter. Good Luck!
Which 2018 Books Would You Do Unspeakable Things for? Do we share any of the same ones?